Hi everyone... hopefully you're rested up, excited for the new year, and ready to get crafty with me today!
This tutorial will walk you through the basics of how to create this mini album with just a paper construction. It's simple, but effective.
Timbergrove Patterned Paper Elements / Timbergrove Patterned Paper Retreat / Timbergrove Patterned Paper Bit-N-Pieces / Timbergrove Patterned Paper Crystals / Timbergrove Patterned Paper Delight / Timbergrove Patterned Paper Play Day / Timbergrove Patterned Paper Strips / Timbergrove Sticker Fundamentals / Timbergrove Tape Stickers / Timbergrove Label Stickers / Timbergrove 6x6 Pad / Timbergrove 4x6 Brag Pad / Timbergrove Patterned Envelopes / Timbergrove Decorative Bags / Timbergrove Small Decorative Tags / Timbergrove Large Decorative Tags / Timbergrove Flair / Timbergrove Patterned Photo Frames / Timbergrove Title Pieces / Timbergrove Ephemera Pack / Timbergrove Button Set / Timbergrove Ticket Roll
The interior pages are simply three folded papers, cut in varying dimensions, and sewn down the center.
Choose 3 patterns and cut the pages:
- Outer: 9" wide by 8" tall
- Middle: 8" wide by 6" tall
- Inner: 7" wide by 7" tall
Round the corners. Fold the pages in half, layer them together, and hand or machine sew them straight down the center:
Cut an approximately 24" length of ribbon. Use a strong adhesive to center it along the back of both covers of the album, leaving even tails on each side:
The cover is a series of layers, in this order:
- A 4" x 7.5" piece of green striped paper, outer corners rounded, and with a sewn border.
- A large patterned envelope
- A 3" x 3" square of teal ledger paper with a sewn border, a die cut snowflake or doily, small tag, and two tickets.
- The "walking in a winter wonderland" sentiment strip (cut from paper) matted on red paper.
- A small snowflake or doily near the top of the envelope, with a piece of flair on top.
Now we can work on the interior pages. Note: I printed all my photos at 2" x 3".
- Border punch a 3" x 8" strip of the red dot paper and add to left side.
- Add the sentiment title piece.
- Assemble the snowman near the bottom.
- Add a photo to the frame and adhere to center. Add sentiment sticker.
- Mat the "ice cold fun" strip (from 4" x 6" pad) on teal paper and add to bottom.
- Cut 6" piece from strip patterned paper, border punch and add to right side.
- Add two small tags to the upper left side.
- Add photo in the frame and adhere to center. Add sentiment sticker.
- Thread button with twine and add to bottom of frame.
- Layer border sticker slightly off the right edge.
- Cut 3" square piece of woodgrain paper, border punch two sides and adhere as shown.
- Add two die cut snowflakes or doilies to ephemera circles and adhere as shown.
- Mat photo with green paper and add to the center.
- Add sentiments to the bottom and near the photo.
- Layer border sticker slightly off the left edge to match the sticker on the other side.
- Cut the "Fun filled winter activities" sheet from the 4" x 6" pad so that it fits on both pages.
- Mat photo on cream paper and add to right side. Add sentiment sticker.
- Layer large tag on the right side.
- Add a small patterned envelope with a small tag inside to the large tag.
- Add "another beautiful season" sticker to the bottom, cutting to fit.
- Cut a 2.5" x 7" strip of gray chevron paper, border punch the long sides and adhere to left side.
- Create a simple tag to put inside the large patterned bag and add to the bottom of the page.
- Layer two tickets (one with twine), a flourish die cut, and a large button on top of the bag.
- Cut a 2.5" x 4" strip of small red dot paper, border punch the long sides, and adhere as shown.
- Add a photo to the frame and adhere to center of page. Layer a border sticker and sentiment sticker to the bottom of the frame.
- Add a tab sticker to the upper right side, with a chipboard button on top.
- Adhere a die cut snowflake or doily to the top left corner.
- Mat a photo with teal paper, wrap with twine, and add to center.
- Mat the "brrrrrrr" sentiment from the 4" x 6" pad with teal and add to the bottom.
- Add the sentiment sticker above the photo.
- Adhere the "weather report" page from the 4" x 6" pad to the center of the page.
- Add a die cut snowflake or doily to the bottom and layer an ephemera flourish, punched woodgrain circle, and circle sticker on top.
- Mat the photo with light green paper and add to center of the page. Add sentiment sticker.
And there you have it! Now you can tie the album closed with the ribbon ends and display your winter cuties!