Morning Fancy Pants friends!
I hope you are having a super week & enjoying some beautiful fall weather? With the richness of Autumn leaves & trees heavy with color, it goes without saying that it would be the perfect place to go to for our design inspiration today!
I chose to use the following images to influence my home decor project.
Autumn Mobile by Kim Watson
This type of project is not only simple to make but will be a beautiful addition to your Fall/ Thanksgiving decor.
You will need the following supplies:
- Happy Go Lucky 6x6 Paper Pad
- Happy Go Lucky Ephemera Pack
- Leaf & Flower dies
- Die cutting machine ( I used the FUSE from our friends at Fiskars)
- Ink if you are letter pressing your shapes
- A creative dried branch
- Brown & cream twine
- Fishing gut
Let's get started!
- Select some pieces of patterned paper.
- Ink the letterpress plates or stamps
- Die cut a selection of shapes, enough to fill three strands. NOTE: Where the shapes are symmetrical, adhere a shape on both the back & front.
- Tie pieces of fishing gut spaced evenly along your branch.
- Use decorative tape or pieces of Happy Go Lucky sticker strips to attach the epherema shapes & die cut shapes to your strands of fishing gut.
- Use three pieces of colored twine to made a hang-loop.
I hope you have fun making a version for yourself. If you do remember to post your project image to our Fancy Pants Facebook page for us all to see.