Hello there crafty friends, Kim here! Today I am going to show you my step-by-step process to create a mixed-media, layered scrapbook page using the Memories Captured collection.
Mixed media supplies your are going to need:
- Charcoal spray mist
- Gold spray mist
- Bubble wrap packaging or a bubble wrap stamp
- Embossing ink & white embossing powder
- Yellow ink
- Charcoal ink
- Red distress paint
- Pink acrylic paint
- Old charge card
- Toilet tissue inner
This is the page I am going to create with you.
Memories Captured Memories paper / Memories Captured Cards / Memories Panorama Paper / Memories Captured Patterned envelopes / Memories Captured Decorative Frames / Memories Captures Button Set / Memories Captured Flair / Memories Captured Ephemera / Star Cork Shapes / Etcetera Label Stickers / Stencil Cards / Artist Edition Filter shapes
Follow steps set out in the tutorials below to create a page like mine.
- Using charcoal spray mist, color a strip a third of the way up on your page.
- Wipe page with embossing buddy (see my blog for a tutorial on how to make one of these darlin's)
- Stamp a bubble wrap design randomly within the misted strip using embossing ink.
- Emboss with white embossing powder & heat set.
5. Add some charcoal chevrons using a stencil & charcoal ink.
6. Brighten things up a little with yellow ink & the small herringbone stencil card.
7. Mix your red & pink paint together until you get a fun cherry color.
8. Using a cardboard tube inner 'stamp' some circles around your page.
9. Using a water color brush, smoosh some very wet paint onto the edge of the charge card. Tap it to create some cool spatters & drops on the page.
10. Mist the filters with gold spray ink & allow to dry.
11. Snip them into 'petals' and machine stitch for effect.
12. Layer with cork shapes, buttons & sequins.
Once your texture treatments are dry, start layering papers, photos, buttons, stickers.
Cut out some paper circles from the Panorama patterned paper and layer it with chipboard accents & a patterned paper frame.
Slip a filter paper flower under your photo layers, sew buttons on and hand journal for a personalised feel. Don't you love the coek shapes!? They add great texture and overall page balance.
I hope you have found my step-outs helpful? If you do try them out remember to post your page to our Facebook page with a link back to this post. I'd love to see & comment on them!
Thanks for stopping by, have a fabulous weelend!