This week, here, on the Fancy Pants Designs blog, you will get a handful of inspiration everyday and we focused on our now popular Brag Books! Whether you are into mini albums, want to scrapbook your Summer memories from last year or document your daily life, our Brag Books are the best companion for memory keeping.
Meet Victoria today for our fifth Brag Book Day!
1. For the layout in my Brag Book I cut a piece of paper 8 ¾ inches long and 6 3/8 inches wide and then chose other papers and embellishments that match my photo.
2. Then I cut contrast paper 6x5 inches and adhered it to my background paper. One of the Brag Pad sheet I use as a journaling card and I just placed it on the background. Another piece from Brag Pad I put over and stitched to the background on the left side. The stitch is a little bit longer here than this mat.
3. Then I add stitch on the other side, but this time it is shorter, and its purpose is to hold the journaling card. Now you can easily put it in and out.
4. The next step is to add a photo. I use a mat of contrast paper for it and adhered to the stitched mat with the help of scotch.
5. Then I made a cluster from die cuts and just stapled them to the page.
6. For the journaling card I used label and alfa stickers. I usually heat them with a heat gun and then press hard to be sure they won’t fall off.
7. The last step is to adhere the pages into the Brag Book and enjoy the result.
For my second double page layout I used craft pages mostly as they are.
1. I added some color to the background using stencil and acrylic paints that match my photo.
2. On the right page there is a long journaling on a lined paper, and on the left I placed a photo on a mat.
3. A photo mat I fold at half an inch on the right and adhered this part directly to the page. There is a hidden journaling under this photo.
Finally, for my third layout I used photo protectors.
1. I created 4x6 inches layered cards with photos and on the mat created a cluster using die cuts and some memorabilia – cinema tickets.
2. Then I just put cards with photos into clear protectors and added a journaling on the other page.
I hope this week brought you lots of inspiration and ideas to come up with your own BragBooks!