The feeling of love is in the air... Valentine's is definitely a holiday made for crafters! There are so many fun things you can create for your spouse, friends, kids friends, home decor, parties...the list goes on and on! So, today, we're sharing a fun little paper craft that would be a perfect gift for your kids, or maybe for their teacher... this project can be used year round so be sure to download the template for future use, too!
I know we've been flooding our blog with designs using our Love Note collection, but we can't stop now--it' almost Valentine's Day! So, Lisa has created a fun little project that will be oh so useful for many occasions...step by step!
1. Download and print the Water (or soda) Bottle Hanger Template HERE. Using a pencil, trace the template onto your 12 x 12 S.W.A.K. paper and mark scoring lines. Cut out your template. (You will be able to get two hangers from one sheet of 12 x 12 paper).
2. Use a scoring mat (if you have one :)) and score where indicated. Remember to erase any stray pencils marks! Use a strong adhesive to adhere your hanger together—I used Tombow Mono Multi Liquid.
3. Next, punch an oval or circle (or cut out) in the top large enough to fit over the water bottle.
4. Here are some basic instructions on how Lisa embellished her hanger... we're sure you'll find all sorts of ways to design these based on your theme! So, to decorate the front of the hanger as shown in this blog post, use the Tape Stickers and the Sticker Fundamentals Sheet. From the Sticker Fundamental sheet, use one of the tabs from the sheet and add to the top left edge of the hanger. Using the alpha stickers, add “For U” or the recipient’s name. Run a tape sticker in both directions, crossing in the lower right corner.
5. Make the flower by die cutting 4 scallop circles out of the Love Post paper, and one slightly larger circle out of the black side of the Be Mine paper.
6. Fold each scallop circle in quarters and adhere to the black circle, matching corners in the center.
7. Add a center to your flower--I added small black brads through the holes of a medium gray button and attached it to the center of the flower. Add your flower to the lower right of your hanger.
8. Cover the label on the water bottle with a strip of the black check from the Heartthrob paper.
9. Finally, fill your hanger with some drink mixes and a few mini candy bars and hang on water bottle!!
I was thinking of all sorts of ways to use this gift...a healthy gift for your gym buddy with a water or protein shake, granola bars or protein bars! Or, a movie gift for your date with a soda, little candy bars, and mini snacks--maybe some movie tickets tucked inside! Or, if you're really wanting to go the extra mile--wouldn't these make for fabulous team treats? Gatorade, power bars and chewing gum for every little member on the team!! There are just so many ways this can be used! You can even adjust them template to be a bit wider for larger items to fit---just make sure it's still sturdy for hanging! I LOVE it and I know you will, too!