For several years now, every November, I have been posting "Attitude of Gratitude" posts every day on Facebook. Basically I just post something I am thankful for each day. There are lots of people playing along. If you haven't started, it's not too late! ;) Well for the past three years I have also used my Attitude of Gratitude posts and made a layout with them. It's fun, and I love looking back at them. This time I decided to make a 2 page layout to fit it all in better. The Facebook posts are from last year. I used the wonderful Hopscotch collection. It is hands down one of my favorites.
Fancy Pants Designs supplies:
Hopscotch: Charming Patterned paper
Hopscotch: Tangerine Patterned paper
Hopscotch: Sidewalk Patterned paper
Hopscotch: Jump Rope Patterned paper
Hopscotch: Strolling Patterned paper
Hopscotch: Skipping Patterned paper
Hopscotch: Collage Patterned paper
Hopscotch: Grove Patterned paper
Hopscotch: Seamstress Patterned paper
Hopscotch: Butternut Patterned paper
Hopscotch: Puddle Patterned paper
Hopscotch: Mingled Buttons
Artist Edition: Number Stencil Cards
Artist Edition: Calendar Cards
Artist Edition: White Chipboard Alphas
Baby Mine: Chipboard Alphas
die cut machine (leaves)
1. I printed off my Facebook posts. I actually did a screen print and essentially saved a photo of my computer screen for each of my posts and then opened them in Photoshop. But you could just copy and paste your posts into a document. Or you could even just print your full Facebook screen and cut the parts out you want.
2. I created a base for my layout.
I didn't have enough full sheets, so as you can see from one the picture, I had one sheet that already had a leaf cut out of it and also had to piece together one side of the blue polka dot papers. No big deal. :)
3. I took a craft knife and cut out each of my posts, leaving a tail to make it look like a word bubble. You can always use scissors or a trimmer and just cut it out normally. I've said this before, but don'w worry about being perfect! You can see that mine are not cut out perfectly at all.
4. I already had an idea in my head oh how I wanted my layout to turn out, so I arranged my Facebook posts and adhered them down.
5. I cut strips of patterned paper and laid adhered them to my layout. I made sure to extend them across each page of my layout because I love the way that looks.
6. Then I added my photo, my title, some leaves and some buttons. For my title I cut down slightly the negative parts of the numbers and adhered them first. Then I took the numbers and put them on top, but popped them up. I really like the cool look it gives the title.
And here are some close up's of my layout:
Well there you have it. :) Thanks so much for stopping in today!!! Have a fantastic day!