Hello everyone! Just me stopping by with a cute layout using THE GOOD LIFE line! I love the vibrant colors and all the patterns! I hope you like what I've come up with!
Fancy Pants Designs supplies:
The Good Life: Patterned Papers (Sweet, Fun, Laughter, That Way, Tokens, Labeled, All Good, Live)
The Good Life: Sticker Fundamentals
Sizzix "decorative flourishes" set
decorative stitch stamp
1. I chose the SWEET paper as my background (mainly because I love the crackled wood look!) From there, I chose 5 other patterns for my mock quilt element, (Labeled, All Good, That Way, and Fun). I cut them into strips and pieced them together onto a scrap piece of paper, and then stamped my decorative "stitches". I inked all edges and adhered them together on my background.
2. Next, using the LAUGHTER paper, I fussy cut a bunch of flowers, even using the end pieces (waste not, want not!) Again, I inked the edges in black (I don't think I know how NOT to ink!)
3. Then I took the 3 phrase stickers and stuck them on some small scraps and made little flags out of them, again inking the edges. I also cut THE GOOD LIFE off of the LABELED paper, and matted it on the black side of FUN. (psst... I inked the edges)
4. I knew I wanted some little flourishes, so I cut some on my Cuttlebug using the FUN, LIVE and TOKENS paper. Again, (you guessed it...) I inked the edges!
5. Once the decorative elements were complete, I matted my 5 x 7 picture of my husband and I at the Grand Tetons this summer with the solid black side of FUN and the crackled red side of TOKENS. I inked the edges, and added a sticker element tab with the date 2012 on the side.
6. Now that I had all the elements together, it was time to start laying it all out. It took a few tries with the flowers, but I finally came up with this arrangement, using pop dots to raise some of them for depth. Then, I added the flourishes, the phrase stickers and a few buttons.
7. You could add a few 'real' stitches in places to your layout as well. I wanted to, but since my whole house is in flux because of new carpeting getting put in, Valerie couldn't find her thread or her needles... I fully intend on adding them once they turn up!!! I hope you have enjoyed this little project! Happy Scrapping everyone!