Given that I needed to make 12 packages, I had to keep the process simple & cost effective. Below is a step-by-step tutorial on how to make them.
Fancy Pants Designs supplies needed:
Be You: patterned papers
Be You: Chipboard Pieces
Candy or small gift
Decorative border punch
Scallop circle punch
1) Cut a strip of patterned paper 10x3".
2) Trim the 2" waste strip to 1" & stick a piece on one end of your 10" patterned paper piece.
3) Lay your patterned paper piece horizontally on score-board. Score at 1" exactly behind contrast strip, then at 5", then at 6.26"
4) Fold at score lines.
5) Punch edge of contrast strip.
6) Using a 2" scalloped circle punch, punch out a 'window' on the top layer of your package.
7) Fill glassine bag with favors & fold over the open bag top for strength. Punch holes to secure bag, paper piece & flap, then tie with twine.
8) Decorate front. I used the collection name from the patterned papers to make little flags.
9) Hook front cover under scalloped edge.
The great thing about these packages is that you can make x4 from a single piece of double sided patterned paper and they can be made economically & quickly to suit any occasion or holiday celebration. Now that I think about it, I can imagine them in a back to school theme or Halloween theme. I am finitely going to make more soon. If you try them yourselves, remember to post them on our Facebook page.
have a great day!