I was so excited when I saw these gorgeous papers! They lend themselves so well to so many life events!! One of my favorite things in this line are the Die Cut Sheets!! Using these elements, you can put together layouts, cards or other projects so quickly!! I need several of each!
Fancy Pants Designs Supplies:
Country Boutique: Patterned Papers (Barn Door, Loved, Charlotte)
Country Boutique: Die Cut Sheets (Banner & Element)
Country Boutique: Alpha Stickers
Fancy Pants Designs Kraft Corrugate Paper
Ultra Thick Embossing Powder & Heat Embossing Gun
Versamark Watermark pad
Water mister bottle
Adhesive Runner & Dimensional Foam Adhesives
Paper Piercer, Needle & White string
1/16” Hole Punch
1. I used the Barn Door paper as my base. Punch out 5 banners in various sizes from the Banner Die Cut sheet. Ink edges with brown ink and arrange in the upper left corner of your layout, adjusting heights. Trim flush with the top edge. If you can, save a trimmed piece from the top of one of the large banners for step #3. Using your paper piercer, poke holes across the top of your banners, about ¼” from the top edge and ¼” apart. Use your needle & string to hand stitch across the top. Leaving small tails of string at the ends.
2. Cut a 1” x 12” strip of Charlotte paper (with lines going vertically) to use as your ruffle under the 5 x 7” photo. Mist the strip lightly with water—or wet with your fingertips—this will help you ruffle the paper! Proceed to “gather” your paper strip along the wet edge, just as you would if making a fabric ruffle. Once dry (it will dry quickly), ink ruffled edge and adhere to the bottom back of your photo with an adhesive runner. Use dimensional foam adhesives on the back of your photo to adhere to upper right portion of layout. This helps keep your photo level as the ruffle will add some dimension to the bottom edge.
3.Punch out the brown & white chevron tabbed tag element, and the “100% sweet” element from your Die Cut Sheet. Ink edges. Cut a small banner from one of your larger banners, approximately ¾”x 2” and ink with brown ink. (See step #1 above). Add “Love” stickers and adhere over the tab of the element. Add a 2”x3” photo to the mat. Pierce holes and stitch a couple of cross-stitches in the upper right corner, overlapping the photo.
4.Tear a piece of Kraft Corrugate paper, lines going vertically, approximately 3” x 2 ¾”.Ink edges and adhere photo. Make a couple of stitches with the string to the lower left of the photo and adhere to layout. Add the tabbed photo mat with dimensional foam adhesives, overlapping the first photo. Pierce holes in each scallop of the “100% Sweet” element and add at the bottom.
5. To make our vintage heart buttons, cut out 3 heart shapes from the Loved paper, and ink edge. Punch two holes in the center of each with a 1/16” hole punch.
6. Cover each heart with Versamark, and cover with ultra-thick embossing powder and heat emboss. Repeat this process a second time for two clear layers. When completely cooled, bend hearts in different directions to crack the clear layers. Add ink to the cracks to give them that vintage look. Tie string through each button.
7. Tear a piece of Kraft Corrugate –lines going horizontally—approx. 5”x 1 ½”, ink edges. Adhere your buttons to the Kraft Corrugate piece.
8. From your Die Cut Sheet, punch out the “Me & You” ticket, ink edges and adhere just above hearts.
Making your own buttons and other embellishments is a fun and easy thing to do to get that perfectly matched item for your layouts and projects!! Try adding a pop of different colors when you work with these papers!