My dear hubby and I are coming up on our fifteenth wedding anniversary soon. So, when I recieved the new Country Boutique line, that includes a wedding series within the collection, I knew I had to make a unique piece in celebration of our wedded bliss. :-) The display above is what I came up with and I'll be surprising my love with it as a gift.
Here is what I used to create it...
Fancy Pants Designs Supplies:
Country Boutique: Die Cuts
Country Boutique: Banner Die Cuts
Country Boutique: Wedding Cards patterned paper
Country Boutique: Wedding Script patterned paper
Be You: Trim
Artist Edition: Metal Charms
Artist Edition: Trim (Black)
hot glue gun
1. Collect bits and pieces and photos (average size 2x3") for your collage.
2. Cut out one of the cards from the Wedding Cards patterned paper.
3. Trace template (included with Metal Charm) and cut "with love" from the Wedding Script patterned paper. Adhere to inside of Metal Charm.
4. Cut a strip of paper to fit the back of your ruler. Arrange die cut ribbon shapes and Be You trim along paper strip and adhere. The adhere strip to back of ruler.
5. Arrange and adhere photos, die cuts, wedding card and embellishments as desired. Note: I used bits of jute as accents ... tied around my small photo, threaded through a large button, and tied to the Metal Charm. I also used a stick pin and one of the small ribbon die cutes to make a mini flag.
6. Hot glue clips to ruler and clip some photo and die cuts in place.
Here are a few detail shots.
I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I enjoyed creating it! It was fun reminiscing about our special day as I created it and it made me that much more thankful to have such a wonderful man to spend my life with. I can't wait for the next fifteen + years!