Hi everyone! I've got a fun project to share with you today that has a purpose. We are trying to get the kids more involved in the chores around the house. Previously they had been just piling all the laundry on the floor in the laundry room and leaving me to deal with it. Well I have told them now that they need to sort it out. I made some signs using the Half Bracket Chipboard Banners to hang on the baskets so the kids know what goes where.
Fancy Pants Designs Supplies:
Artist Edition: Half Bracket Chipboard Banners
Time For Spring: Spring Floral patterned paper
Time For Spring: Ruffles patterned paper
Time For Spring: Gingham Dress patterned paper
Time For Spring: Tip Me Over patterned paper
Time For Spring: Sugar & Cream patterned paper
Time For Spring: Flower Patch patterned paper
Time For Spring: Sweet'ner patterned paper
Time For Spring: Short & Stout patterned paper
Time For Spring: Die Cuts
Time For Spring: Alpha Stickers
1. First I covered my chipboard banners with some of my favorite pieces of paper from the fabulous Time For Spring collection, and cut them out.
2. I painted on some gesso in the center of my banner pieces, and added some splatters as well. You can use white paint instead of gesso.
3. I glued some burlap to the back of my pieces.
4. I took the letter stickers and added the labels (colors, whites, delicates, towels) that we use to each piece.
5. I then added a crackle texture technique. It is painted over the whole piece including the letters. It helps keep everything securely on (so no missing letters later) but it's also just a cool look! I added a bit of pink ink to the cracks.
6. Then I decorated each banner piece using strips of papers, flowers, stitching and ribbon.
7. Then I added them with ribbon to my baskets. :)
Of course, you can make this a quicker, simpler project by skipping some of my steps, but anybody can do this fun project! I am thinking of doing more projects for my laundry now with the collection to match these. :)
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!! Have a wonderful day!