June has arrived and with it the graduation season! Fancy Pants Designs has the most perfect school related collection in Off to School for all kinds of fun projects. This year, the daughter of a friend of mine at work is graduating from high school. To help out with the celebration, I made a banner for her graduation open house. With Fancy Pants Designs' Artist Edition Banners and the Off to School collection, I was able to quickly put together this banner. This is a very quick to make project and I have a few photos to show you just how easy it is to do!
Fancy Pants Designs Supplies:
Off to School: Cards patterned paper
Off to School: New Shoes patterned paper
Off to School: No.2 Pencil patterned paper
Off to School: Measure Up patterned paper
Off to School: School Year patterned paper
Off to School: Learnking patterned paper
Off to School: Book Cover patterned paper
Off to School: Cake Time patterned paper
Off to School: Glitter cuts
Off to School: Rubon-ons
Off to School: Buttons
Artist Edition Banners: Ribbon Edge
1. Select patterned papers to be used for the eight banner pieces. Trace the chipboard banner pieces and cut the patterned papers.
2. Cut the patterned paper named "Cards" into 12 pieces of cards and set them aside.
3. Use a solid color patterned paper and cut out the letters using your favorite die-cut machine.
Layer the patterned paper, card, and letter. Use 3-d adhesives to assemble everything together to give the banner piece dimension.
4. Decorate the banner pieces with rubons, cut-outs, and glitter cuts.
5. Use the ribbon included in the Artist Edition Banners. Cut 7 pieces of ribbons, each about 3 inches.
Connect the banner pieces with the 3-inches ribbons and stitch a button onto them. Cut 2 pieces of ribbons 8 - 12 inches for the ends of the banner for hanging.
With the help of the chipboard banners from the Artist Edition Banners, this really is an easy project to tackle! I look forward to seeing it hanging at the graduation party for my friend's daughter! Here's to her and all the graduates this time of the year!! Congrats!