Beach Girl by Nic Howard
Once again as the days get cooler here in New Zealand, I find myself wanting to remember summer and look for beach photos to scrapbook. The blues and greens I find in the photos taken over the summer are my favourite to scrapbook with, and the Summer Soul collection goes with my photos beautifully. The last 30 minute layout I did for the FancyPants blog was such a success I thought I’d give it another go – so gather your photos and your Summer Soul collection, we’re going to create another 30 minute layout!
Fancy Pants Designs Supplies:
Summer Soul: Ocean Waves patterned paper
Summer Soul: Cards patterned paper
Summer Soul: Printed transparency
Summer Soul: Element Stickers
Artist Edition: Memo Notebook, graph paper
Saint Nick: Alphabet
black journaling pen & ruler.
1. Pull a graph paper sheet from the Artist Edition Memo Notebook.Turn the paper so that the spiral holes are down the right hand side, and trim 1” off the left side, cutting the paper to 11” wide.
2. Cut a 2” strip of the Ocean Waves paper. Adhere it in behind the spiral holes so that 1” is sticking out, in effect making the paper back to 12” wide. Note: If you print your journaling on the computer, now is a good time. I don’t have a 12x12” printer, I trim my paper down to fit through my regular printer, then stick it back together afterwards and hide the cut behind something later!
3. Trim the around the image from the Summer Soul Printed Transparency. Don’t be too fussy. Place it approx. 2” from the right side of the layout as pictured, don’t adhere down just yet.
4. Trim a circle measuring 3 ½” across from the Ocean Waves paper. Mine just happened to have some cool orange/pink striped images, I adhered this over the bird image in the transparency.
5. Add a series of photographs in a row down your page. Mine are printed as 3 x 2” photos. Note: My photos have been sanded a little around the edge to make them stand out. Note: I made some cuts in the transparency to tuck the photos behind it a little. This was because I didn’t want too much of the transparency covered up, so I cut the transparency a little and tucked them behind.
6. Add a ¼” strip of Ocean Waves paper down the page on the left side of your photos. Once again, mine is tucked under the transparency part way.
7. Add a few embellishments and a title. I used a bracket sticker from the Summer Soul Element Stickers and a part of a card from the Summer Soul Cards patterned paper. I added Saint Nick Alphabet Stickers.
8. Add pen detail to finish.
The combination of using a plain background and a pre-printed transparency make this layout so easy. Detail is added with titles from patterned paper and easy to apply alphabet stickers. Whether summer has just finished for you, or whether it’s on its way, I hope you enjoyed my layout, I enjoyed sharing it with you! I’d love to hear how you go if you attempt a 30 minute layout too!