I love finding creative ways to use scrapbooking product. The Wave Searcher Chipboard Pieces are great used simply they way they come. They are adhesive-backed and are a quick and easy way to spice up a layout or project. But, when I was asked to used this product for this 1 Product, 2 Ways post, I put my creative thinking cap on and tried some fun things with them.
Front Yard Surf by Amy Peterman
This first project is a simple way to use the Chipboard Pieces as a "kicked up" embellishment. I punched holes into one of the arrow chipboard pieces, as well as a couple of the tiny flowers. I then threaded the little flowers onto the arrow with some jute. I like how they almost look like little "charms" and they add a fun dimension to the page as they dangle.
I also applied some Wave Searcher Rub-ons onto and behind another one of the arrows. I love how rub-ons can go almost anywhere!
Here's a couple more detail shots of my layout... Gosh, I love the Wave Searcher collection!
The second way I used one of the Wave Searcher Chipboad Pieces was to create a tag for our family beach bag. I used a clear embossing powder to add a durable finish to this tag that will hopefully get lots of use this summer! :-)
Beach Bag Tag by Amy Peterman
Fancy Pants Supples:
Wave Searcher: Chipboard Pieces
Wave Searcher: Shovel patterned paper
Wave Searcher: Glitter Cuts
Childish Things: Alpha Stickers
Wave Searcher: Ribbon and/or binder ring
Beach Bag Tag Art download
watermark ink pad
clear embossing powder
heavy duty hole punch
1. Download and print out the Beach Bag Tag Art onto the "B" side of the Wave Searcher: Shovel patterned paper. Apply Childish Things Alpha Stickers.
2. Peel off backing on "Soak Up The Sun" Chipboard Piece and apply to patterned side of Shovel paper. Tip: Hold the Chipboard Piece behind the paper and up to the light for postitioning before sticking it in place.
3. Trim away excess paper with a craft knife.
4. Using a watermark stamp pad, stamp all over "back side" of your tag, to completely cover in ink.
5. While the ink is still wet, cover with clear embossing powder and shake off excess.
6. Using a heat tool, heat embossing powder until all is melted.
I love the look this gives! It almost looks like beach glass—how perfect for a beach bag! ...And the clear finish will help protect it!
7. For the "front side" of your tag, repeat steps 4-6, but while you are heating the embossing powder and before it cools, carefully press a few flowers from the Wave Searcher Glitter Cuts set into the melted powder.
8. Punch a hole in one edn of your tag and attache to your beach bag with a binder ring or ribbon!
9. Enjoy your summer!
I hope you have enjoyed my take on using the Wave Searcher Chipboard Pieces. I hope I've inspired you. Have you ever come up with a creative way for using one of Fancy Pants Designs' products? Please post it on the Fancy Pants Designs Facebook Page. I'd love to see it!