Welcome everyone! Today kicks off a week full of fun projects as we team up with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L for a Blog Hop! Every day this week we'll have some great projects by our Pockets Chicks showing you how great Fancy Pants and 3L go together. Come back every day for inspiration and leave your comments on each post for a chance to win a great Fancy Pants and 3L prize (more details at the end of this post!). You will also want to be sure to hop over to the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog every day this week too! Their Design Team will be providing even more inspiration and ANOTHER chance to win some great FP and 3L!
I'm starting things off today, with a project I created for my girls for our upcoming vacation. We are surprising them and taking them to Florida. Shhhh! :-) So, I thought these little vacation boxes would be fun for them to have on the trip. In each box is a sketch/note pad for drawing what the see or journaling about each each day, along with canvas bag that they can use to collect shells that they find on the beach. I also figured they could use the box itself to stash whatever other momentos they collect along the way.
Fancy Pants supplies:
Summer Soul: Filter Embellishments
Summer Sou: Chipbard Embellishments
Summer Soul: Cards patterned paper
Off To School: Chalkboard Stickers
Summer Soul: Starburst stamp
Wave Searcher: To The Beach stamp
Artist Edition: Memo Notebook pages
Artist Edition: Metal Charms
Summer Soul: Glitter Cuts
Artist Edition: Chipboard Alphas (white)
Wishful Thinking: Alpha Stickers
Beach Babe: Alpha Stickers
Various FP trim and ribbons
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L My Stick
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Crafty Power Tape
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Squares
1" circle punch
StazOn ink pad
Here's how I created the Vacation Boxes:
1. Apply Modge Podge to surface of metal box.
2. Lay Filter Embellishment onto wet Modge Podge. Apply another layer of Modge Podge over the Filter Embellishements to seal and protect.
3. Repeat with additional Filter Embellishements. Allow to dry.
4. Paint top of box with acrylic paint. Allow to dry. Apply another coat of Modge Podge to top.
5. Using Crafty Power Tape attach trim around rim of lid. This tape is strong a great alternative to messy hot glue.
6. Apply Off To School Chalkboard Stickers and Summer Soul Chipboard Embellishments as desired. Tie on ribbon.
Next, I created the little Note Pads:
1. Cut a scrap piece of corrugated cardboard to desired size (mine was 5x7"). Cut various sheets of paper from the Memo Notebook (this is a great way to use leftover scraps - mine were trimmed to about 4.25x6"). Cut 2 cards from the Summer Soul Cards patterned paper for the cover.
2. Paint corrugated cardboard with acrylic paint for a beachy, white-washed look.
3. Punch holes in the top and attach binder rings.
4. Decorate the cover as desired. I tied on one of the Artist Edition Metal Charms and adhered a Summer Soul Glitter Cut, using the Crafty Power Tape (it works great on transparent pieces!) and a Chipboard Alpha.
I also created these cute orange peel flowers.
These flowers are easy to make. The E-Z Squares are great for small embellishments like these and the Crafty Power Tape worked great for attaching them to the cover. I know these notepads will get a lot of wear and tear, so I know the Crafty Power Tape will keep those little flowers in place.
Here are the finished notepads...
The Beach Bag is simple to decorate:
1. For a sturdy surface to stamp on, insert a scrap piece of chipboard into the canvas bag.
2. Using a permanent ink, like StazOn, stamp as desired onto bag.
3. Attach tags. Ta-da!
I hope you enjoyed these Vacation Boxes and that you've gotten some great ideas here! Remember to leave a comment on this post (and every post this week) for a chance to win some Fancy Pants and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L goodies! And don't forget to visit the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog too!
You have until Friday, March 11, 2012, at midnight (12:00 am MDT), to enter. Winner will be drawn from all comments from all blog hop posts during March 5-11, 2012, by a random number generator and posted here on our blog and on our FB page on Tuesday, March 13, 2012. Contest is open to US and international residents.
Be sure to come back! We have TWO posts tomorrow, by the talented Valerie Sanchez and Greta Hammond!