With spring finally here and gorgeous flowers blooming everywhere, I'm sure most of us can't wait to go outside to enjoy the fresh air. And for some reason other than flowers, I tend to associate pinwheels with spring; maybe its the thought of running around in a fresh green field with pinwheels in hand. LOL
For my project today, I wanted to share these fun pinwheel tags that I created using the super cute Childish Things Collection. And here's some close up details of these pinwheels/flowers...
Another one with little clouds on top of the tag...
And to share how I put together these tags, you'll first need the following items...
Fancy Pants Supplies:
Childish Things: Playtime patterned paper
Childish Things: Big Boy Guy patterned paper
Childish Things: Buddy patterned paper
Childish Things: Sheet of Music patterned paper
Childish Things: Snacktime patterned paper
Childish Things: Strips patterned paper
Childish Things: Buttons
Childish Things: Chipboard Banners
Tags, Twines, Punches, Trimmer, Ruler, Pencil, Eraser, Mist
1. First start by cutting 3"x3" squares from one of the pattern papers.
2. Then mark an inch from each of the edges before trimming the paper to create a hexagon.
3. Then at each of the point, cut towards the center.
4. And then along each side, fold a portion of the pattern paper over (expose the other side).
5. Then grabbing your favorite embellishments (chipboard banners in my case), create your pinwheel centers. On some of my pinwheels, I used some of the chipboard shapes while on others, I also added some buttons on top of the punched out circles.
6. To create the tag, I first cut a rectangle and then trim off the top edges
And here's another pinwheel as a stand alone embellishment... that could be easy used on a layout or card.
Thanks for stopping by everyone and would love to see what spring projects you're up to. Have a great week!