Hi everyone! My first thought for designing this little booklet, was for the troops deployed. I thought it would be a cute little memory album for them to take with them ... it's small, compact, and would fit inside of a zip lock bag to keep it safe! The idea is to slide pictures in the LONG sides of the envelope book, and journal on the "cards" why you love them, your favorite memory with them, or any other heartwarming message you like! Then, the recipient could pull out the booklet, look and the pictures and read the cards and feel instantly loved, missed and appreciated! Since I know no one who is deployed, I have adapted it for my granddaughter, Piper! She will be able to pull this out, look at the pictures and know that Gramma loves her and misses her so very much! I hope you have as much fun making this as I did!
Fancy Pants supplies:
Love Story: Collection Kit
It's The Little Things: Brown Dot patterned paper from 6" x 6" Paper Pad
Assorted Fancy Pants Ribbons and Ball Trim
Assorted Fancy Pants buttons
Artist's Edition: Metal Charms (Fleur-de-lis)
5 - #10 envelopes
assorted punches (circle, scallop, heart)
SWAK Lip stamp
2 jump rings
scrap of white cardstock - 2" x 4"
1. Score your envelopes at 3 1/2 inches. NOTE: Don't use security envelopes like I did, or you will see little blue bits on the ends!
2. Seal them using adhesive, not your slobber ... they will buckle from the moisture!
3. Carefully trim 1/8 " off the 2 short ends of your envelope ... fold and voila! You have your first "Page"! Continue with all 5 envelopes.
4. Your first "page" will be turned around so the LONG side is to the OUTSIDE of your mini-album ... after that, all "pages" are with the SHORT side UP ... the picture will probably explain it better than this!!
5. Match your papers to the ones I used, or choose your own! It's YOUR mini-album, this is just a guide! Trim your papers to size according to the side of your envelope... (I've had an envelope be 9 1/2 inches long and another one be only 9", so it all depends on the actual size of yours for the measurements of your LONG and SHORT page papers.)
6. Now for the fun part, choose the order you would like your papers to be in so they most compliment each other (It's pretty easy actually, because Fancy Pants did the hard work for us already by making them all go together perfectly!) When you have them the way you want, you can start assembling your "Pages".
7. Trim out ALL of the cards off of the Love Story: Cards patterned paper from the collection kit. Ink all edges of ALL papers if desired.
8. You can now start laying out and glue your pages together! I used scraps to create fussy-cut borders and punched scallops for flowers and two large hearts for mini pockets! Add assorted ribbons and trim to your pages to give it that "wooooo" factor! And don't forget the BLING!!!
9. To create the little "flip" card, choose one of your journaling cards, and cut another scrap for the underside (tiny bit smaller than the CARD) ... Cut a 1" wide strip from a scrap; trim with decorative scissors if desired, glue to BOTTOM CARD first ... glue that down to your long side of your envelope, and then glue your CARD to the "strip". Decorate the outside with a scallop flower, and paper daisy and some bling! Use another scallop flower on the inside to give it strength and to hide the back of the front scallop! On the YOU ARE SWEET card, I added some little "hinges" I again cut from scraps, and glued them to the front, and added some tiny heart stickers.
10. For the SWAK envelope page, I used a small scrap of white cardstock I had laying around to create my ENVELOPE ... I drew on the "stitch" lines, and using a make- up sponge, I carefully inked the lines. Stamp a nice, juicy red lips on the envelope! Glue the envelope on three sides (left, right and bottom) to create a little 'pocket'. Now make some cute little 'tickets' using the TRULY paper (the graph side). I used my circle punch to create the little indents ... Add stitch lines and your sentiments. These will make cute little "tickets" for them to redeem for kisses, hugs, movie dates, back rubs, etc, when they see you!
11. Another way to make an easy "flip card" is to use your border stickers! Trim to fit your CARD and adhere the scalloped side to your card first, and then stick it down on your envelope! The thickness and quality of the sticker makes a wonderful "hinge"!
12. Possibly my favorite page, is the one with the little "peek-a-boo" envelopes! I used a strip of the "envelope" paper, and cut the little envelopes on three sides with an exacto knife, so they made little windows. With a glue pen, I applied adhesive all over the back, around all the "holes" and then glued it down to a strip of the TRULY graph paper side. Then, with a super fine tipped black marker, I added cute little sayings inside each "window!" Then I glued down the strip, added some super soft red scalloped velvet trim from Fancy Pants, and POOF! Instant peek-a-boo windows for my granddaughter to have fun looking at! Add another flower on the opposite SHORT side, and you have a super cute layout!
13. I used the Love Story: Strips patterned paper on the cover, a small bit on the inside for the LOVE sticker border, and on the inside back cover for the picture "Suspenders"! I love these STRIPS because they are so versatile and can be used and adapted for almost anything! Have fun with yours!!
14. I also used the little mini-tags from the Love Story: Be Mine patterned paper to make cute little tags here and there!
I hope you have as much fun as I did creating this little mini-album! The possibilities are endless, so let your creativity flow! The Fancy Pants line makes it so easy to just "come up" with adorable projects, so experiment, create and happy scrapping!