Is it safe to say Spring is finally here to stay? I think it is! So, to celebrate I created this little home decor piece for my front entry table. Come along with me as I show you step-by-step how to make this Happy Spring table art.
Fancy Pants Supplies:
Artist Edition: Ribbon Edge Chipboard Banner
Artist Edition: Filter Flowers (Scallop and Floral)
Artist Edition: Brown Trim
It's The Little Things: Chipboard Elements
It's The Little Things: Rub-ons
It's The Little Things: Chipboard Alphas
Beach Babe: Chipboard Alphas
To The Moon: Chipboard Alphas
1. On one side of a Floral Filter Flower, cut from the edge to the center. Then fold in accordian fashion, to create a pleated look. Spray with ink and allow to dry.
2. Fold a Scallop Filter Flower, almost in half. Spray with ink and allow to dry.
3. Adhere Scallop Filter Flower to one chipboard piece from the Artist Edition Ribbon Edge Chipboard Banner set, being sure to cover punched holes.
4. Using a sewing machine (optional), stitch along the edges of a manilla tag.
5. Using a sewing machine (optional), stitch along the edge of a few scallops of a Floral Filter Flower.
6. Adhere pleated Filter Flower to back of chipboard, then adhere stitched Filter Flower on top.
7. Stitch two lengths of Artist Edition Brown Trim to a scrap of cardstock (I sprayed it with ink and trimmed one edge with decorative scissors), the same width as the chipboard banner piece.
8. Add Chipboard Elements, Chipboard letters, rub-ons and tag to the piece, being sure to tuck the tag in between the layers of the Scallop Filter Flower. Adhere cardstock strip with trim and handwrite the word "happy". Ta-da!
I hope you enjoyed this project. Thanks for letting me share with you today! Happy Spring!!