One of my favorite projects to create is mini albums! I love pre-made albums, but sometimes by using dies, punches, and pieces of chipboard, I can create an album quickly! Today, I am going to share with you a small mini using It's the Little Things collection. I love creating mini containers to tuck my mini albums into. I am going to share with you how easy it is to turn an ordinary tote bag into something special! Also, with a little bit of glitter you can add instant sparkle to your projects!
Fancy Pants Supplies:
It's the Little Things: Four Birds patterned paper
It's the Little Things: Feathered patterned paper
It's the Little Things: Spring Fever patterned paper
It's the Little Things: Bird Cage patterned paper
It's the Little Things: Shuffle patterned paper
It's the Little Things: Gerber Daisy patterned paper
It's the Little Things: Headed South patterned paper
It's the Little Things: Strips patterned paper
It's the Little Things: Cards patterned paper
It's the Little Things: Flocked Transparency
It's the Little Things: Glitter Cuts
It's the Little Things: Design Embellishments
It's the Little Things: Buttons
Fancy Pants Ribbon
Canvas Bag Instructions:
You will need a canvas tote bag, and some spray mist. Super minimal, and super easy! I like to include a chipboard insert, inside the tote as I begin to mist.
You simply want to begin on one side, and spray entire surface using your favorite mist. Do not forget the sides, handles, and the crevices. Let dry.
There are so many possibilities with embellishing! I simply chose to create a large flower that was used on the cover of my mini album. I also used a mist on the flowers to give it dimension, and shine!
Mini Album Glitter Covers Instructions:
You will need acrylic paint, glitter, and your chipboard covers.
1. Apply a generous amount of paint on the outer edges of your covers.
2. Sprinkle glitter onto the painted surface. The paint will act as your adhesive. I used a very coarse glitter on my covers.
3. I adhere the Pecking Order paper, diecut into a circle, to the center of my cover.
4. Now, I begin to build my bloom on top of this circle. All of the blooms were misted, and then cut in between each scallop. This gives my flower added texture, and dimension.
5. Adhere two scallop blooms on top, layered a cricle from felt, and finish with a button in the center! Your cover is complete!
6. However, I am all about the details, so how about one last sweet embellishment with a lot of sparkle?
Sparkle It Technique:
This is done in three steps. So easy, but adds so much shine to your projects!
a. All you need is an adhesive applicator, your element, and glitter!
b. Run your element, with the printed side "Face Down" through the adhesive applicator. (The adhesive will be on top of your image.)
c. Apply glitter across your image!
Instant sparkle, and oh so pretty!!! This technique works with all size preprinted diecuts, chipboard embellishments, and stamped images. All you need is the correct size adhesive applicating machine, and glitter!!!
Here is my finished cover:
Now, the fun part begins, with building your pages!!!
I added one last bit to the cover, the sparkled rainbow! With the cute It's the Little Things Detail embellishment pack, it is hard to resist!!! I hope you have enjoyed this Mini Album tutorial! With Fancy Pants papers, and a little sparkle, you can add so much detail to your projects!!