Who doesn’t love a good birthday party?! The new “It’s Your Day” line is so cheery and festive, I thought it would be fun to make a party invitation for someone’s big day! The bright colors and patterns in this line are perfect for girls and boys of all ages. I also included some easy pencil toppers that would be great as a table decoration as well as double as a party favor. Want to make some of your own? Let’s get started!
It’s Your Day: Strips patterned paper
It’s Your Day: Sugar Dots patterned paper
It’s Your Day: Hoopla patterned paper
It’s Your Day: Cake Time patterned paper
It’s Your Day: Cards patterned paper
It’s Your Day Trim
It’s Your Day Element stickers
It’s Your Day Brads
1. First, use the template provided to cut the card from “Hoopla” paper.
2. Fold in flaps and fold up along dotted line. Adhere flaps to card to create pocket.
3. Add blue scalloped border sticker to top of pocket. Finish edge with yellow pom pom trim.
4. Cut a piece of “cake Time” (green side) to 3 ¼” x 4 ¾”. Round top two corners.
5. Cut out card from “Cards” paper. Adhere to front of green piece leaving a larger border at the top. Add PARTY rub-ons at the top and hand write party information. Finally add red fabric brad to the top.
6. Using cupcake template, cut cupcake from “Sugar Dots” (brown for base, dots for top). Ink edges of top, add dots with pen. Adhere to front of card using a pop dot for the top part of the cupcake.
7. Finish card by cutting “Happy Birthday to You” strip from “Strips” paper and adhering to bottom of card.For pencil toppers, make accordion flowers. Add buttons or brads to center. Adhere to pencils with glue dots. Put pencils in cute mug, add paper shreds and voila! a cute table piece!