Fall is so close, I can smell it in the air! And with the coming of fall, comes Halloween. I've started to bring out a few decorations and thought that the table in my front entry needed a little something extra. I created these BOO ornaments to hang in my vase full of branches and I think they're the perfect Halloween touch! Want to create your own? It's easy! Just follow my step-by-step instructions below.
Happy Together: Glee patterned paper
It's Your Day: RSVP patterned paper
Road Show Flocked Transparency
Say It Simple Chipboard Letters
hot glue gun
dry and liquid adhesives
circle cutter (optional)
circle punch (optional)
1. Cut 6, 2 x 12 inch strips from It's Your Day: RSVP paper (you will need two strips for each ornament). Accordion-fold each strip (I made my folds about every 3/8 of an inch).
3. Punch or cut a small circle from scrap paper. Apply a generous amount of hot glue to small circle. Flatten folded paper cylinder and hold (wrong side up), while pressing small circle to center. Then flip over (right side up) and apply more hot glue to center, filling hole.
4. Using a lid as a template (or a circle cutter), cut a 3 inch circle from Road Show Flocked Transparency. Apply liquid glue and glitter to the edge. Tap off excess glitter. Allow to dry.
5. Using a circle cutter (or some type of template), cut a 5 inch circle from Happy Together: Glee paper. Trim around edge with scalloped scissors.
6. Apply liquid adhesive and glitter to chipboard letter. Tap off excess glitter. Allow to dry.
7. Layer all elements and adhere together with hot glue.
8. Cut a 6 inch length of ribbon and make a loop. Hot glue between back and folded paper layers.
9. Repeat steps 2 - 8 for remaining ornaments. Hang and enjoy! Boo!
I hope you enjoyed this project! I loved sharing it with you! Come back again on Thursday for another one of our Product Spotlights for more fun ideas!