Greta Hammond gives us this beautiful Fancy This project this week! Below, she explains just how to make your very own Altered Bullentin Board. Greta even gives you step-by-step instructions on how to make her pretty flower embellishments, that not only look great on this board, but will also look great on other projects as well.
1. Paint the edges of the bulletin board with sea green paint.
2. Cover the front of the bulletin board with papers.
3. Spray the chipboard flourish with TA Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mist. Allow to dry.
4. Spray the TA Butterfly with TA Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mist. Allow to dry.
5. Ink "A" from TA Butterfly with brown ink.
6. Make paper flowers from Road Show Collection papers. (see step-by-step below)
Step 1:. Cut 3 different sized circles from paper and scallop edge with decorative scissors. (hint: the circles don't have to be perfect!)
Step 2:. Spray circles with TA Glimmer Mist. Allow to dry some. The mist gives the paper a texture plus it softens it so the flowers are easy to work with.
Step 3: For each circle, fold up to almost in half and then pinch bottom and sort to fold in the sides.
Step 4: You should have sort of a stem and then work with flower to get the shape you want.
Step 5: Do this with all three circles. Put glue dots onto tip of the smallest circle flower and then slip into the center of the next sized circle.
Step 6: Add glue dot to this, then slip both of those into the biggest flower.
7. Add sprayed flourish to bulletin board.
8. Cluster paper flowers onto flourish.
9. Hand draw leaves, ink edges and add to flowers.
10. Add sprayed butterfly with "A" in the center above flowers.
11. Embellish with pearl gems.
12. Add threaded buttons and scalloped edge in bulletin board.